Farmhouses and chapels in Oñati
Oñati is the most extensive town of Gipuzkoa (108.2 km2). Its sixteen districts have wonders that will charm us: the popular architecture of farmhouses, chapels…
A clear example of that is the Torrekua, located near the ancient bridge that leads to Torreauzo and Zañartu districts. Another example is the Madalena Chapel, situated in a hill of Santxolopetegi district, where San Francisco of Borja settled down between 1551 and 1553, as novice of the Jesus company.
The Arantzazu district has to be highlighted, in which the emblematic Sanctuary of Arantzazu is located. It has been and still is a place of reference for the whole Basque Country and the starting point for climbing up the impressive fields of Urbia and the Aizkorri summit. The Parketxe of Aizkorri and the Gandiaga Topagune are also situated in Arantzazu.
OÑATI TOURIST OFFICE
Telephone number: 943 783 453